Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Hawkinson Foundation. We have the following volunteer opportunities:
- Board Member
We have openings on the Vincent L. Hawkinson Foundation Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity to join a smart, dynamic team doing amazing work to promote peace and justice. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real impact, meet the next generation of peace and justice leaders, and help take an organization to the next level, this is the position for you.
In this position, you will serve as a voting member of the board of directors for the Foundation for the purpose of overseeing the organization, developing policies, procedures and regulations, monitoring financial performance and the organizations programs. This position reports to the Board Chairperson. The term is 3 years.
- Attend regularly scheduled board meetings. (8-10 per year)
- Participate actively in one or more committees of the board.
- Attend regularly scheduled board retreats, planning meetings, workshops and other board development activities. (1-2 annually)
- Attend, support and participate in special organizational events. (1-2 annually)
Duties of the Board:
- Work continuously to create and reshape the Foundations vision and policies.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the Executive Director.
- Approve the annual budget and monitor the organization’s financial performance in accordance with legal and fiduciary obligation of non-profit boards.
- Develop and monitor short and long-term planning and goals.
Duties of Individual Board Members:
- Fully understand and support the mission of the organization.
- Vigorously promote the Foundations work by serving as an advocate through networks and other relationships in the wider community.
- Bring personal/professional expertise and that of others to support the mission of the Foundation.
- Joyfully make an annual financial gift of personal significance to the Foundation and actively participate in seeking financial contributions.
Board members may expect that serving on the Hawkinson Foundation’s Board will:
- Provide a powerful way to serve a vital cause and way to strengthen the ways of peace and justice.
- Create new relationships among supporters who are dedicated to supporting peace and justice leaders of all ages.
- Have the joy of supporting young peace and justice scholars and activists, making a real difference in their lives.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and a brief letter stating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.