Download the 2022 Hawkinson Scholarship Application by clicking one of the links below:
Email the completed application as a Word document or pdf file by March 1, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicant must be a resident of (or currently attending school in) Minnesota.
- Applicant must have received a high school diploma or GED before the due date of this application. (In other words, the 2022 scholarship is NOT available to current high school students. If interested, please consider applying in a future year.)
- Scholarship finalists must be available for an electronic (Zoom, Facebook).
- Scholarship awards will be announced on or before June 30.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to religious affiliation.
- Scholarship recipients should submit a brief report by June 15, 2023, describing how the scholarship funds were used.
- All decisions by the Hawkinson Scholarship Selection Committee are final.
[ ] Applicant Information (page 2)
[ ] Scholarship essay
[ ] Name and contact information for someone who will nominate you
[ ] Nomination form (page 3) sent to your nominator (send early to nominator: same due date!)
[ ] Current academic transcript (non-certified copy is acceptable)
Please submit an essay addressing the topics below. It should be 2-3 pages and typed. Remember to include your name on each page.
Describe how you have demonstrated your commitment to peace and social justice. Include the following if these apply to you:
- Completed a specific peace or social justice project.
- Demonstrated courage in carrying out your convictions about peace and social justice.
- Displayed ongoing commitment to, and leadership in, a peace or justice organization.
- Served as a role model for others to move society into new realms of thought and practice regarding peace and social justice.
- How this scholarship will be used,
- How this award would affect your future work for peace and justice, and
- How this award will promote peace and justice for others.
Hawkinson Foundation Scholarships have been awarded each year to undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate a commitment to peace and justice. Undergrad and graduate student scholarships have typically been $3,000-5,000 each.
The Hawkinson Foundation defines peace and justice broadly. Past scholarship recipients have worked on international healthcare, LGBT equality, Native American rights, domestic violence, human rights and health disparities in low-income communities among others.